Saturday, July 12, 2008

On selecting a major

Or a "concentration," depending on your level of snootiness.
I always had a sense of superiority that I had chosen my concentration based on an abstract idea of interest and education, completely unmotivated by prospects of future earnings. Sometimes I am haunted that I may have chosen poorly.


This post's theme word: wavenger, "a vagabond; a stray animal." Not a world-wide web avenger, some sort of internet vigilante. But we should make it mean that by using it that way.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

well, you'll see, right?

if you didn't go after something you liked, would you have regretted it?

sometimes you can make things work out just by wanting them enough and going after them

and if it doesn't work out, there are good odds the rest of your life won't be determined solely by this. you'll find what you want eventually if you keep trying.