Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

All I want for Christmas is:
  • to finish my MSc thesis;
  • an Xbox 360;*
  • a green Xbox controller, if it exists;
  • socks; and
  • Wegmans purple-top triple-fruit jam.
Prices just finished adjusting to the $1 CAN = $1 US conversion rate, but it's now more like $1 CAN = $0.73 US. Thus, things are now cheaper in Canada, even with slightly higher prices. Witness the Xbox: $300 in both countries, but $300 CAN = $230 US; maybe I should just buy one here. This is also the case with the computer I'm coveting, but I don't need it and can't justify its purchase. Quine is still alive and well.

Come to think of it, I can't really justify my desire for an Xbox, either. It would be fun. Back to work, now!

* This is somewhat expensive, and I don't really expect to get it as a gift.


This post's theme game: geometry wars.

2 comments:

Lila is a complex system. said...

Add to the list:

The Complexity Theory Companion by Lane A. Hemaspaandra and Mitsunori Ogihara, printed by Springer.

I'm willing to swap this for the Xbox on the list. It's probably better for me, anyway.

(I still want the green controller, though.)

Lila is a complex system. said...

Also:

new bindings, or maybe new skis altogether

an exercise ball

a potato masher