Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowy productivity!

I've been back and working for awhile but it took until this morning to really click back into productivity. It was snowing thickly, and the new semester is beginning. Things are piling onto my plate: there's my usual big serving of "finish the thesis!" and also now TAing, changing my cell phone plan, swim practice, budgeting time for my various interlocking systems of organizing my life. B. once told me that he was only really productive when he had a lot to do; in low-demand times, he couldn't get anything done. It seemed nonsensical to me at the time (strictly from a logical, job-scheduling point of view) but now I understand.


This post's theme word: semasiology, "the study of meanings in a language, especially the study of semantic change."

No comments: