Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Graduation!

You wouldn't know it to look at me, but I am graduating right now. The graduation is being webcast here, but you won't see me. I'm not there. My parents couldn't come; I didn't want to be forced to rent graduation regalia from the university; I'm still all graduated-out from the week-long immersion in history and ceremony that was H-bomb graduation; and I don't feel like anything has changed. I'm still in the same department, the same university, the same country, the same funding, the same area of research.

I'll go next week and pick up my diploma. I have only seen Ph. D.s from U of T, but if the M. Sc.s are anything like them (plain paper, simple typeface, no Latin) then I expect my diploma to be underwhelming.


This post's theme word: flummafiddle, "nonsense, something worthless."

No comments: